- Financial literacy resources for college, university and other post-secondary students.
- Certified Credit Report Reviewer (CCRR) Online Course.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Credit Repair
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Freddie Mac is a stockholder-owned corporation chartered by Congress in 1970
to create a continuous flow of funds to mortgage lenders in support of homeownership
and rental housing.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Mission: to provide a decent, safe, and sanitary home and suitable living environment
for every American Creating opportunities for homeownership.
- Providing housing assistance for low-income persons
- Working to create, rehabilitate and maintain the nation's affordable housing
- Enforcing the nation's fair housing laws
- Helping the homeless
- Spurring economic growth in distressed neighborhoods
- Helping local communities meet their development needs
- Identity Theft
- The U.S. government's central website for information about identity theft. This
site is maintained by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Miltary HomeFront
- Programs and services. Whether you live the military lifestyle
or support those who do, you'll find what you need!
- Morale, Welfare and Recreation.
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- The OCC charters, regulates and examines approximately 2,600 national banks and
66 federal branches and agencies of foreign banks in the United States, accounting
for 58 percent of the nation's banking assets. Its mission is to ensure a safe,
sound and competitive national banking system that supports the citizens, communities
and economy of the United States.
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- The primary mission of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is to
protect investors and maintain the integrity of the securities markets. As more
and more first-time investors turn to the markets to help secure their futures,
pay for homes, and send children to college, these goals are more compelling
- SaveAndInvest.org - Military Section
- SaveAndInvest.org is your source for objective answers and unbiased investing resources.
- National Consumer Fraud Hotline
- The NFIC was originally established in 1992 by the National Consumers League,
the oldest nonprofit consumer organization in the United States, to fight the
growing menace of telemarketing fraud by improving prevention and enforcement.
For more information about NCL and the other projects and programs that it conducts,
please go to the NCL web site.
- Public Interest Research Groups
- The State PIRG Consumer Protection Pages
- National Consumer League
- NCL provides government, businesses, and other organizations with the consumer's
perspective on concerns including child labor, privacy, food safety, and medication
- California Jump$tart Coalition
- Improving Lives Through Financial Literacy - In partnership with the national
Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, California Jump$tart Coalition
seeks to improve the personal financial literacy of young Californians.
- Jump$tart Coalition
- First convened in December, 1995, the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial
Literacy determined that the average student who graduates from high school lacks
basic skills in the management of personal financial affairs. Many are unable
to balance a checkbook and most simply have no insight into the basic survival
principles involved with earning, spending, saving and investing. The ICFE is
a Jump$tart partner.
- n educational website that contains all you need to know about managing a checking
account. Don't miss the interactive training demos, called Checkbook Basics,
that teach important skills, including how to fill out checks, registers, and
how to balance your account. Now learning the basics of managing a checkbook
is easy, interactive and fun!!
Financial Education Websites
- A-Financial-Portal is the easiest place on the internet to find reliable information
on helping you get rid of your debts, rebuilding your credit and otherwise getting
your finances under control. We are here to help you with all your financial
needs, debt consolidation, auto loans, mortgage loans and credit counseling.
- Association for
Financial Counseling and Planning Education
- The Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE) is a
non-profit, professional organization comprised of researchers, academics, and
financial counselors, educators and planners.
- C.A.R.E. is a program of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, WDNY and the Bankruptcy
Committee of the Monroe County Bar Association.
- College for Financial Planning
- The College for Financial Planning delivers the highest quality educational programs,
courses, and materials. We created the country's first financial planning education
program-the CFP™ Professional Education Program-as well as the CFP™ designation.
Graduates of the College are consistently cited as the best financial advisers
in the nation.
- The Contrarian Investing Association looks for strongly financed, growing companies
that are undervalued by the market for the wrong reasons, believing that the
market will come to appreciate their true value over time.
- Credit Blog
- Blogging the Credit/Debt Recovery Industry.
- Evil Debt
- We take a firm stance against consumer debt. We work hard to bring you the most
comprehensive and original positions on your options at achieving a total debt
recovery today. We are your one-stop informational guide on all things debt and
all things Bruce Campbell.
- Financial Resource Center
- Offering a wide variety of information and links to help consumers with their
finances, Financial Resource Center.com is dedicated to providing the best and
most recent collection of financially related information possible. From debt
consolidation and credit counseling services to credit card information, investment
guides and automotive financing, we try to cover a wide range of financially
themed topics for your convenience and education.
- Fierce Finance
- An internationally recognized email newsletter for the finance industry. FierceFinance
reaches more than 35,000 bankers, brokers, venture capitalists, and CFOs on a
daily basis. Free Sign up.
- Fraud Aid
- Fraud Aid, Inc. is a California Public Benefit Corporation and 501(c)(3) nonprofit
organization founded to provide free support and guidance to fraud victims and
their families worldwide; to provide fraud awareness, prevention and recognition
education in a manner easily understood by all; and to support law enforcement
at all levels in their effort to deter fraud and bring its perpetrators to justice.
- Genesis Financial Services Press
- Personal money management tools: publications, software and debt guides to help
you gain control of your money.
- Good Credit Ahead
- Free credit repair information
- Identity Theft Help
- Identity Theft Risk Management and Resolution Software
- Investment Company Institute
- The Institute represents its members and their shareholders in matters of legislation,
regulation, taxation, public information, economic and policy research, business
operations, and statistics. ICI seeks to enhance public understanding of the
investment company business, to serve the public interest by encouraging adherence
to the highest ethical standards by all segments of the industry, and to promote
the interests of fund shareholders.
- Springboard - Non-profit Consumer Credit Management
- Our mission is to help you get out of financial trouble. If you're overwhelmed
with debt, we can consolidate bills into one easy monthly payment, lower interest
charges, and teach you how to pay with cash and live on a sensible budget! Springboard
is the ICFE's partner in Debtor and Bankruptcy Education on the Internet.
- Tips and Advice on Debt Settlement
- Our goal is to provide you with valuable tips and advice on debt settlement which
will help you reduce your mounting debts substantially, settle them and guide
you to lead a debt free, hassle free life. We will also provide you with unbiased
information to help you decide between debt consolidation, debt settlement, credit
counseling and budgeting to become debt free. In addition get the inside scoop
on how to improve your credit rating and stop the collection agencies from harassing
- Your Financial Advisor
- This is a personal finance education site designed to help you understand more
about managing money and investing.
Financial Planning Websites
- 360 Financial Literacy
- The 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy Web site offers
general information for managing personal finances
- The Financial Planning Association
- The Financial Planning Association is the membership organization for the financial
planning community. FPA has been built around four Core Values - Competence,
Integrity, Relationships and Stewardship. We want as members those who share
our Core Values. FPA's primary aim is to be the community that fosters the value
of financial planning and advances the financial planning profession. FPA's strategy
to accomplish its objectives involves welcoming all those who advance the financial
planning process and promoting the CFP(R) marks as the cornerstone of the financial
- International Association of Registered Financial Planners
- Credentialization! Prospects and clients expect that their financial advisors
maintain meaningful professional standards. There are seven hallmarks: education,
examination, ethics, experience, licensing, continued conduct and continuing
education. The Registered Financial Consultant designation assures the public
a financial advisor has, and will continue to maintain, the ability to serve
in a professional, competent manner. The ICFE's Director Paul Richard has the
- The Alliance for Investor Education
- The Alliance for Investor Education is dedicated to facilitating greater understanding
of investing, investments and the financial markets among current and prospective
investors of all ages. We pursue initiatives for education and join with others
to motivate Americans to obtain objective information and increase their knowledge
and understanding of investing.
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Consumer
- Consumer Section for CFP Board's web site. Lists publications and other resources
to find a financial planner, how to choose a planner, what you should know about
financial planning, and more.
- CPAdvantage.com is a premium financial web site that focuses on Taxes and Financial
Planning. The purpose of this site is to provide financial information you can
trust. CPAdvantage.com contains several articles, financial calculators, answers
to frequently asked questions, tips, and other useful information. Site also
contains the largest collection of accounting jokes on the Internet.
- The Consumer Data Industry Association
- The Consumer Data Industry Association. is an international trade association,
founded in 1906, that represents consumer information companies that provide
fraud prevention and risk management products, credit and mortgage reports, tenant
and employment screening services, check fraud and verification services, and
collection services. CDIA represents the consumer credit reporting information
industry before state and federal legislators. It also represents the industry
before the media in consumer credit reporting matters. CDIA sets industry standards
and provides business and professional education for its members. It also provides
educational materials for consumers regarding their credit rights and how consumer
credit reporting agencies can better serve their needs.
- Michigan Credit Union League
- The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL), established in 1934, is a non-profit
trade association of credit unions throughout Michigan. The League provides professional
services and assistance to credit unions in the areas of regulatory and legislative
affairs, education and training, media advocacy, and much more. MCUL is owned
by affiliated credit unions in the same cooperative manner as a credit union
is owned by its members.
- Quantum Financial Advisors, Inc.
- Quantum Financial Advisors, Inc. provides global financial advisory and money
management services. We are a Jump$tart Partner!
- Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Financial Pro, brought to you by the Society of Financial Service Professionals,
offers a wealth of information for the financial service professional and the
financial service consumer. Listed below are our newest and most current professional
- The Young Investor Fund
- The Monetta Young Investor Fund: A site to teach kids about investing! A no-load
mutual fund targeted at children and teenagers to help them develop basic financial
life skills. This comprehensive savings program includes a kid-themed fund, investment
kit, free college tuition credits, investment newsletter and various online games
and activities where kids can participate to win prizes.
- Tools for Money
- Financial Planning Software and Investment Software for Consumers, Investors,
and Financial Professionals. Free Financial Planning Tips, Investment Advice,
Tutorials, Primers, and Rep Training.
Bankruptcy and Debtor Education
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Membership information for the American Bankruptcy Institute, the largest multi-disciplinary,
non-partisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related
to insolvency. The ABI membership includes more than 5,600 attorneys, bankers,
judges, professors, turnaround specialists, accountants and other bankruptcy
professionals providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information.
- Refinancing Your Home Can Save You Thousands in Interest
- Request Free Info
- Mortgage Calculator and Financial Calculators
- From MortgageLoan.com
- California Mortgage Bankers Association
Teacher and Student Resources
Kidnexions was founded on the idea that kids learn best when engaged in interesting
and relevant activities that are connected to their everyday lives. Our goal
is to build on kids' interests by providing opportunities for them to develop
real-world skills through fun, motivating, and meaningful activities. Simply
stated, we strive to develop connections between learning and real life.
Louisiana State University
Providing information about the colleges and universities in the Louisiana. It's
mainly dedicated towards helping students to find out the perfect education program
for themselves which will help them in the career planning. It guides students
to find out the perfect college which can give them better educational program.
Michigan State University
The mission of Michigan State University is advancing knowledge and transforming
lives. Michigan State University is dedicated to enable individuals to achieve
their educational, professional and personal goals. Its aim is to create such
a learning process creating a highest educational standard.
It All Adds Up
AddsUp.org is an interactive web-based curriculum. Whether you're a student in
middle school, high school, or an adult living in a household of your own you'll
find lots of ideas, tips, and interactive pages to increase your money knowledge
The Money Camp
Money Camp is a unique financial literacy program for kids and grownups! Come
to a camp or teach your kids and yourself at home.
Student Debt Help
The California Student Debt Resource and Awareness Project (CASDRAP) is a statewide
taskforce consisting of university administrators, nonprofit financial education
organizations, and student loan lending, servicing and guarantor entities.
CASDRAP got its start in 2000 at San Diego State University. The timing of the
Web site development coincided with the 2002 implementation of Assembly Bill
521, the Student Financial Responsibility Act, which mandates that financial
education be provided at California state universities and other California campuses
as part of new student orientation programs.
Friends of the ICFE - Commercial Websites
- The Couponizer
- The Couponizer website offers a coupon organization kit that really helps people
make the most of coupons and discounts. Workshops are offered to groups and organizations
about how to make the most of coupons and curb spending.
- Good Advice Press
- At Good Advice Press, we've spent the last sixteen years helping Americans save
money, get out of debt, and live better on less.
- A fun way for kids & parents learn all about money.
- All Money Matters
- Financial information on all money matters. Get advice on many aspects of finance
such as tax, shares, mortgages and redundancy.
- Online mortgage calculators, mortgage payment calculators, easy
to use, instant results.
- ARISE research-based cognitive/behavioral skill development curricula is designed
to provide at-risk youth with cognitive and behavior life skills that will assist
them in changing their anti-social behaviors. Juvenile offenders and others accustomed
to solving disagreements with fists, knives and guns, who attend ARISE group
sessions, soon become equipped to make responsible decisions, manage their anger,
and develop the social life skills society demands.
- Cut Out Hunger
- This website saves you time and money because we provide lists of Best Grocery
Deals in many states. Find your state and start saving! This is the only national
site of its kind that is FREE to users, and we provide it free in the hopes you
will buy at least one item a week for charity with a little bit of your savings..
- Reviews, articles, buying guides and a list of web hosting companies
all under one roof.
- Send money to friends & family with the iKobo Visa(R) Prepaid Card.
The World leader in quick, easy and safe "person to person" money transfers.
With iKobo you can pick up your money at over 1,000,000 ATMs. That's more than
twice as many locations as Western Union and MoneyGram combined, and most ATMs
are always open.
- The Jim Clemmer Group
- Leadership development and management training.
- Language Solutions International
- Language USA Translations, the U.S. branch of Language Solutions International,
was established in 1996 as a Russian language translation management company.
Since then, we have served hundreds of U.S. and international corporations and
Federal Credit Union (Non-Profit Student Loans)
- Financing your education is simpler than you might think whether you stay in
Southern California or venture to a different part of the country. In fact, thanks
to the Mission Fed Student Loan, it doesn't get any easier or more pleasant.
With Mission Fed, our loan representatives will go the extra mile to give you
fast and friendly personal attention. And best of all, unlike other lenders,
our team of Student Loan specialists who care about your education needs are
right here in San Diego!
- SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Self Improvement,
Personal Growth and Self Help on the Internet. It is designed to be an organized
directory, with articles and references to thousands of other Web Sites on the
World Wide Web.
- Warcraft Links and Products
- The world's most popular online game. Links, products and general info.